Insulation and Commercial Roof Coating Experts Servicing Kentucky & Tennessee Including Lexington & Knoxville Areas
10 Benefits of Insulation
- Reduces energy costs – A properly designed, insulated, and maintained system significantly reduces energy costs, which saves money and protects the environment. An unbelievable amount of energy is lost through uninsulated valves, bare pipes, or defective insulation. It seems to be one of those maintenance things that never gets done—until somebody can demonstrate what it’s costing to ignore the uninsulated system.
- Prevents moisture condensation – When piping and equipment operate at temperatures lower than the ambient air, moisture in the air will condense, or freeze, on or within the insulation surface, or on the cold pipe surface.
- Reduces capacity and size of new mechanical equipment – A properly specified and installed insulation system on bare process lines and equipment can increase the efficiency of a process system by as much as 95% or more.
- Enhances process performance – A properly specified and installed insulation system on bare process lines and equipment can increase the efficiency of a process system by as much as 95% or more.
- Reduces emissions of pollutants – Insulation reduces energy consumption, which means that less fossil fuel is burned to produce that energy. This, in turn, decreases the amount of polluting gases such as carbon dioxide and sulfur dioxide emitted into the atmosphere.
- Safety and protection of personnel – Thermal insulation is one of the most effective means of protecting workers from burns resulting from contact with hot or extremely cold piping and equipment.
- Acoustical performance: reduces noise levels – Insulation materials are used to encase or enclose noise generating sources and reduce noise to acceptable levels so that stress, lost time, and dissatisfaction do not impact the employee and/or the product you are trying to get out the door.
- Maximizes return on investment (ROI) – A properly designed and installed insulation system provides an excellent return on investment and quick payback through cost savings.
- Improves Appearance – Insulation covering exposed air conditioning and plumbing lines gives a finished appearance to a building.
- Fire Protection – Used in combination with other materials, insulation helps provide fire protection in firestop systems, grease and air ducts, and in electrical and communications conduits and cables.